The Official PaRaDoX™ Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ready or not, here we come!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
xShoot-3mUp.-

xShoot-3mUp.-

PSN : zxElementzx-
Bananas : 7062

[GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts  Empty
PostSubject: [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts    [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:20 am

Have you ever wanted to change the font of your psp? Is it getting a bit too old? Well if you would want to change the font on your psp, keep reading.

YOU NEED CUSTOM FIRMWARE IN ORDER TO DO THIS

Note: I wrote this guide, the only thing that wasnt mine was BIRMANS FONT PACK. Any other thing was mine. IF you would like to use this GUIDE any where else, please give credit to me. It took me awhile to write this guide and make it noob free.

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH FLASH0, SO I HIGHLY RECOMMED MAKING A BACKUP OF YOUR FLASH0 ON UR COMPUTER. ALSO, I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITIES IF YOU BRICK YOUR PSP. THIS GUIDE WILL NOT BRICK IT BUT, IF YOU DO SOMETHING WRONG YOU WILL. SO READ THE GUIDE CAREFULLY

First you will need to download Birdman1's Font pack at:
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/906

Once your done downloading it, extract it to your desktop or wherever you can find it ( I used winrar to exract it).

After your done extracting it, you should get a folder named BIRDMAN1 FONT PACK V10(assuming you extracted it to your desktop). Open up the folder and inside you will see 2 folders: Font and Select your Firmware and a README. The folder you will be needing is FONT. Double click on the FONT folder and inside will be 2 folders named FONT IMAGES and PSP FONT.

The Font image will show you what the font looks like and the PSP FONT has the files inside of the folder. Each file has its own folder.

Once you have made up your mind on what to get. Go to the PSP FONT folder and go to the font you want (each font has its own name) go into that folder and you will see another folder named fontmod. Inside that folder is the file you will be needing. The name of the file is ltn0.pgf.

Copy that file.

Next, you will need to access your flash0 folder from your psp. Their are 2 ways to do this.

The first way to do this is from the XMB of your psp. While your on the XMB, press SELECT so you can bring up the VSH menu. Go to where it says Memory Stick and change that to FLASH0. Then go into usb mode.

The 2nd way to do it is from recovery mode. To access recovery mode, completley turn off your psp. Then while turing on your psp hold down on the R button(trigger as some people call it). Once your in recovery mode (have your usb cable on) go to Advanced. Then click on toggle FLASH0.

Okay once your at the root of your FLASH0. You will see a folder named FONT. Open up that folder. Then paste the ltn0.pgf file in their. If it asks you to replace it, click on yes.

Once you are done with that, take off the usb cable. After you have done that, completly shut off your psp and then turn it back on.

Congratulations, you are now in possesion of a custom psp font Victory Dance

Note: IF you accessed FLASH0 from the XMB, dont forget to change FLASH0 back to Memory Stick.

Rep+ will be appreciated.

Last edited by xShoot-3mUp.- on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xx_WriThEr_xX

Xx_WriThEr_xX

PSN : xX_WrithEr_Xx & zXBOiZE-KilL3RXz
Bananas : 5214

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts    [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:17 am

Really Nice Man,I Like!!! Victory Dance
Back to top Go down
http://ex-klan.forummotion.com
xShoot-3mUp.-

xShoot-3mUp.-

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts    [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:49 am

thanks.
Back to top Go down
uNiVejZsAl

PSN : u7VdEad, DesZ- & z-SfX--z
Bananas : 5521

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts    [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 12:57 pm

Lets just Hope no one's dumb enough to delete any of the flash folders....but good post
Back to top Go down
http://www.onehitgamer.com
xShoot-3mUp.-

xShoot-3mUp.-

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts    [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:34 pm

hopefully lol..
Back to top Go down
psp24

PSN : rajjak24
Bananas : 5682

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts    [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:46 pm

thanks http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/906 that is v11 the link you gave doesnt work
Back to top Go down
psp24

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts    [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:51 pm

i get an error it sais i dont have permission to replace the font im admin on my laptop so what do ido?
Back to top Go down
psp24

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts    [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:22 pm

figured it out have to turn off protect flash0 in recovery menu (yes im using 6.35 PRO B3) its awsome thanks again
Back to top Go down
xShoot-3mUp.-

xShoot-3mUp.-

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts    [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:40 pm

psp24 wrote:
thanks http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/906 that is v11 the link you gave doesnt work
ill replace.
Back to top Go down
XxR3COV3jZYxX

XxR3COV3jZYxX

PSN : D3lVlON1CjZ3FL3X, FrankFrank, XxjZ3COV3RYxX
Bananas : 5397

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts    [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:51 pm

Very Nice
Back to top Go down
http://Www.psphackers.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts    [GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[GUIDE] - Custom PSP Fonts
Page 1 of 1