The Official PaRaDoX™ Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ready or not, here we come!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Playstation Network Down April 25-26: Hack Updates, Until When?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
socomgaming

PSN : mrboywonda
Bananas : 4951

Playstation Network Down April 25-26: Hack Updates, Until When? Empty
PostSubject: Playstation Network Down April 25-26: Hack Updates, Until When?   Playstation Network Down April 25-26: Hack Updates, Until When? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 2:42 pm

The Playstation Network is still down today, amidst the premonition of the blogosphere that it will be fine after Easter Sunday as a sign of its “resurrection”. Obviously, many gamers are going frantic and losing their faith with Sony fearing this downtime may extend up to one week.

Just a recap, this PSN outage began on April 20 (PST) and considering it’s April 25 today and almost April 26 on Asian countries, this issue has been going around for over 5 days already.

Playstation Network Down April 25-26: Hack Updates, Until When? Sony_playstation_network_down_april_26

During these days, we’ve been giving you reports about the conspiracies and theories we’ve gathered. From the denial of Anonymous’s involvement, up to some tidbits that a 3rd-party hacker working for a Microsoft middle-man was behind this mess. Likewise, Sony is still quiet on this issue and haven’t updated their blog ever since April 22, telling this problem originated over an “external intrusion”.

After digging more in this issue, I gathered the latest response from Patrick Seybold of Sony, saying that “We are working around the clock to bring them both [PSN / Qriocity Music Service] back online… our efforts involve re-building the system and strengthening our network infrastructure”.

In short, this problem is not only about DDOS, as some are predicting, but a sophisticated hacking attack as well, that requires Sony’s PSN infrastructure to be rebuild. In which I believe, they’re implementing back-up solution now, something that would really take a while since it have millions of gamer’s accounts on their database.

The biggest leak? It appears an undisclosed guy from SCEE (Sony Europe) who has connections with the problem said, PSN received a LOIC attack (another type of DDOS), with simultaneous intrusion from an outsider attacking sensitive files from the company such as the place where Sony secures the account information of its users. It’s predicted that Japanese servers will began working today and US servers tomorrow, meaning this problem can extend up to April 26!

Out of all these mumbo-jumbo, Sony is the only one who can really point a finger to who are the real “bad guys”; of course, the media are just predicting the possible groups who attacked the giant consumer-electronic and gaming company, and so are the rest.

SOURCE: http://www.pinoytutorial.com/techtorial/playstation-network-down-april-25-26-hack-updates-until-when/

Last edited by DeeKayTastic on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding Source.Formatting.)
Back to top Go down
nicjohn1

nicjohn1

PSN : nicjohn
Bananas : 5721

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network Down April 25-26: Hack Updates, Until When?   Playstation Network Down April 25-26: Hack Updates, Until When? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 2:50 pm

ok technically they have updated their blog. So go check it out. They have updated and this is bad news so dont share it. The thing people want here is to hear that psn is up. So just wait till taht happens then u can post that.
Back to top Go down
MattJeTe®

MattJeTe®

PSN : megaelitexx
Bananas : 6084

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network Down April 25-26: Hack Updates, Until When?   Playstation Network Down April 25-26: Hack Updates, Until When? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 1:18 pm

Guys i doubt it will be up anytime soon , they were attacked (hacked) , and they did confirm that the psn's account personall info was compromised to the hackers . Read My Post in this section for more info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network Down April 25-26: Hack Updates, Until When?   Playstation Network Down April 25-26: Hack Updates, Until When? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playstation Network Down April 25-26: Hack Updates, Until When?
Page 1 of 1